The George Mason University Office of Global Strategy—within the Office of the Provost, located on the Fairfax campus—invites applications for the position of Mason Korea Program Coordinator, responsible for providing support to the Mason Korea (GMUK) campus. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The position reports to the Executive Director of Global Strategy; and will support GMUK in administrative coordination of faculty and student relocation, registration, and financial activities related to the management of GMUK operations in Fairfax, Va. These activities include the following:
- Manage the process of relocation (airline, shipping and visas) for faculty, staff, and students moving to and from GMUK and Fairfax;
- Coordinate all GMUK-related purchasing activities on the Fairfax campus;
- Work closely with GMUK Finance and HR departments to ensure all financial, HR, tax requirements/documentation, etc., for individuals are handled proactively, and before arrival as necessary;
- Work with complex university information systems across multiple countries, campuses, offices and infrastructures;
- Liaise with the Enrollment Management team at GMUK and the Admissions and Study Abroad Offices in Fairfax on student recruitment efforts for GMUK; and
- Ensure compliance with the GMUK and Fairfax campuses, state, and federal policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Must be extremely detail-oriented, have strong organizational and administrative skills, and have a passion for the mission of higher education;
- Superior communication and problem-solving skills, a collaborative work style, and solid knowledge in office technology and procedures;
- Intermediate skills or greater in Microsoft Office suite;
- Effective oral and written communication in English;
- The ability to be flexible and resourceful in solving problems calmly and quickly;
- Possess ability to maintain harmonious working relationships with a population of diverse individuals;
- The demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment, organize work, and function proactively;
- Ability to maintain high-level accuracy and confidentiality concerning students’ records, and closed board and office meetings; and
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed to attend meetings and answer e-mails during the Korean business day.
- Experience with the Korean visa process;
- Effective oral and written communication in Korean;
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint; and
- Prior experience in higher education administration/operation.
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 02673z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Apply via: http://jobs.gmu.edu/